Thursday 10 February 2011

Look man, I'm telling you right off the bat, I'm high-maintainance..


Eternal Sunshine if the Spotless Mind is my favourite movie. Well, joint first with The Crow, for the goth in me.

I could wax lyrical about how I related to the character of Clementine, how words and phrases she said I had held as my own personal mantra for years. My best friend Maffu and I went to see it when it first came out and both of us were freaked out at the eerie similarities. I even had a smoke when I came out of the cinema, and I don't smoke as a general rule.


 You could tell a lot about Clementine, and what emotional state she was in, by the colour of her hair. Green, when Joel and Clementine truly meet, a new relationship blossoms, then she dyes it red. As the passion of their relationship of their relationship fades, so does the red, to orange, until the troubles prove too much and she leaves, reinventing her self, and her memories. When her hair is blue, she is troubled yet doesn't know why, and she tries to find a connection with anyone who can give her the answers she needs.



I chose the red and orange as the prominent colours of this look since most people try find a balance between the extremes of fire and passion, and the slow and maybe too comfortable ease with someone. Underneath that, in the blue and green there is always a fear, maybe the idea of losing the one you love, or of falling out of love, or of just settling. Maybe, some people still look for other people for the answers they should know themselves.


Joel: I can't see anything that I don't like about you. 
Clementine: But you will! But you will. You know, you will think of things. And I'll get bored with you and feel trapped because that's what happens with me. 
Joel: Okay. 
Clementine: Okay.

~

Products used -
Eyes
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
 Sugarpill's Love+ (red), Flamepoint (orange) Midori (green)
Stargazer (blue)
BarryM Dazzledust (orange, lightly dusted over Flamepoint))
L'Oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss
Bourjois 1001 CILS mascara in black
Boots 17 brow pencil in brown
Face
Illamasqua Matt Primer
Illamasqua Light Liquid Foundation (LF135)
Lips
Random drugstore lipstick.


Special shout out to my gorgeous Twitch, who loves this movie as much I do. Love you lady. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment