Wednesday 16 February 2011

Brit Awards dress lust

I meant to watch the Brits last night, but - to be honest - I only watch these things for the dresses. So I saved myself some time and just looked them today. As the divine Miz Westwood designed the statuette this year*, I wasn't surprised to see a lot of celeb's wearing her designs.My personal favourite was Katherine Jenkins, she looked beautiful in a green cocktail dress I'd gladly sell my mammy for (sorry mum!) Weirdly, to me, Paloma Faith topped a lot of worst dressed list, proof again that these so called trend spotters have no fucking imagination. One went as far as too remark that big bows as head pieces were "just wrong". Dude, don't even pretend you're too cool. She looked polished, happy and comfortable in her own style. Sophie Ellis Bextor has always been my style icon, twisted vintage to rock out with her lashes out. Seriously, I have serious lash skillz envy, hers are always perfect. But the biggest surprise to me is how much I truly love Rihanna's purple and turquoise mille feuille dress. As much as I heart the white floral dress, I had such a strong reaction to the one she arrived in. Maybe it's because it's Doir. Haute Couture Dior mind!

Ok, enough with the gabbing, here's the pretty. I've nabbed the images from various different websites. As I was busy playing Fallout: New Vegas last night, I obviously didn't take these pictures, so they don't belong to me!


Clockwise from left - Katherine Jenkins in Vivienne Westwood, Sophie Ellis Bexter in Dolce & Gabbana, Rihanna in Christian Dior Haute Couture, Rihanna in Oscar de la Renta. Underneath is Paloma Faith in what I can only assume is vintage because I can't find a name for it anywhere :D

What look was your favourite? One here or another? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment