Thursday 9 June 2011

Well,

Three days before I was due to appear at Ooh La La with cakes and the like, my oven gave up working.

I tried shouting at it, kicking it, screaming about its perfect timing, and begging it not to quit on me dammit! But nothing worked. I had a batch of cake dough sadly waiting to be turned into edible goodness. I had rum soaked raisins waiting to get poured into cake batter. I had a bottle of unopened gin in the cupboard.

I held strong, and transferred all my bakery stuff to my friend's house. Sans gin, but I may or may not have bought a bottle of wine on the way.

The next few days were a blur of flour and sugar and pink stained fingers, not to mention travelling between 2 sets of friend's house to use their ovens. But at 4am on Sunday, the day of the fair, Gof and I iced the last cake. Well, technically Gof finished the last when we woke up a few hours later, but you get the idea. We were EXHAUSTED, but our lovely friends drove us through to Edinburgh, where we got lost and arrived 5 minutes before opening. In the end, we managed it, and while we didn't make our first million there, everybody enjoyed our cakes and for the first time in ages I felt totally proud of myself.

I slept for 12 hours when we got home.

Since, I've managed a migraine, conjunctivitis, and a job interview. Which I better start getting ready for. I also have physiotherapy tomorrow, which I'm both looking forward to and dreading.

Ok... I need hair and makeup. And to get ready. And to get this job.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment