Sunday 2 January 2011

So, to business.

Like I said before, I want this blog to reflect what I am passionate about. Part of what made me quit blogging so much on my last blog is the fact I wanted to show people my world, and I couldn't. My camera has long since disappeared of the face of the earth, and even my phone camera is broken. (I'm a klutz!)


I've seen my home change from an empty shell to a place of comfort and care, and even though there's still aways to go, I'm proud of what we've achieved so far. I just wish I was able to record the progress.


Also, I realised I'm more inclined to bake, and try out new make up and hair styles if I could record the process for study, and to show whomever reads me.


So, I've twisted my Love's arm enough to convince him we should get a new camera! With the January sales, I figure we could get a great deal, and I've swore not to lose it. (disclaimer - I don't know how it went missing or who lost it, but I'll take responsibility if it gets me a new camera!) I don't need anything fancy, but I'd like a blog-friendly point-and-shoot. 


So here we go, I've narrowed it down to these 2 cameras.



FUJIFILM FINEPIX S1850 12MP DIGITAL CAMERA




Why? Well, basically, I think it looks how a camera should look! I know I don't need 12mp if I'm only really using it for online images, but I like that I have the option there to print photos out and they'll be great quality. The screen on the back, based on when I played with it instore, is clear and fast at picking up changes in light and balancing it out. The only real con, to me, is that since it's a "real" camera it would be bulky to carry around, so I wouldn't be taking it on club nights out for fun candids. The fact it only takes AA batteries and not a battery is somewhat of *maybe* issue, I'm not sure how long those would last or if it would infuriate me by dying often.

SONY DSCW350B.CEH 14.1MP DIGITAL CAMERA 


The best camera phone I ever had was a Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot. Hell, it was the best camera I ever had, one I just happened to be able to call and text from. I like the sleek design, and the face and smile detection feature. Again, it's not all important about the mp, but 14.1 is nothing to sniff at either. I know I'd feel more comfortable taking this out to gigs and such. My only gripe is the optical zoom isn't as great as the Fujifilm, but for what I'd be using it for, I don't think it's too great a loss.

It's a tie, so far. I do love them both. But if I want to get this blog started properly, I'm going to have to make a choice. I'll let you know how it goes!


(*another, proper disclaimer - Sony and Fujifilm have no idea who I am or that I want to buy their products. The images of the cameras come from Comet.com and they have no idea I exist either.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment